Friday, July 15, 2011

2nd week of camp

Second week of camp was a success. I forgot his mb12 shot Sunday night so he tantrumed Monday morning. He was in the car before I realized why he was so agitated. I carried him back into the house, laid him across my knees and gave him his shot. By the time we arrived at school, the screaming was over, eye cOntact was back and he was calm.

His first juice contains:

1/8 taurine
1 digestive enzyme
1 mb12 on day 2 and 3
1/2 vitC
1 cal/mag/zinc/pot

The second juice has:

Culturelle
HMF forte

I need to get an anti-fungal in him. I still haven't tried the grapefruit seed extract, I'm too afraid to wake him up. I'm going to try the homeopathic one. Whatever works at this point. He still has oral thrush.

Some tasty meals from this week included:

Date balls:

1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
2 cups organic medjool dates
1 cup organic dried apricots
2 table spoons coconut oil
A bit of hot water

This gets pulsed in the food processor until it forms a ball.
Then break off and roll balls in shredded coconut or cocoa.
YUM. The whole family loved them.

Next time I'll add ground flax to the mix.

I also made lamb koftas with the kawartha Mennonite ground lamb:

1 lb of lamb
1/2 onion diced
Handful of fresh mint chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbl cumin
1 ts paprika
Salt and pepper

I roll these into balls and broil/bake them at 400F.
Kids and adults approved.

He didn't go to camp today. I think we are all exhausted after a fou day work week. He slept in till 10 and she went down at noon and is still sleeping.

I scoped out some things to do with Clara on Eglington. The library is getting a little boring. There is a got swim at the Eglington pool on Tues and Thurs. In sept I might sign her up for Rainbow songs or a class at Becoming Maternity.

The butcher shops are excellent. Not so much the green grocers, harvest wagon too was overpriced and not any better than fiesta or the manning green grocer. Nortown foods has fantastic turkey. The Healthy Butcher makes great Chorizo. I was excited for bagels, but I only went to St Urbain once and was disappointed. The cravings for wheat and dairy are gone in me too. In fact I thought the cream cheese was gross. Clara prefers meat and veg to wheat now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment